2 x 410g cans Borlotti Beans (drained)
140g / 5oz Gruyere Cheese (grated)
375g packet Ready Rolled Puff Pastry
2 teaspoons Hot Chilli Sauce
½ teaspoons dried Thyme or Rosemary
Beaten egg or milk (to glaze)
(1) Preheat oven to Fan 180°c / Conventional 200°c / Gas Mark 6.
(2) In a large bowl, roughly mash the beans, then stir in the Chilli sauce, herbs and most of the cheese (save a handful for later).
(3) Open out the pastry onto a floured surface. Roll out to 30cm x 40cm rectangle then cut into 3 strips, each 10cm x 40cm.
(4) Form the bean mixture into long sausages and line down the centre of each piece of pastry. Dampen one long end and roll up tightly to enclose the filling. Cut each length into 4 giving a total of 12 rolls.
(5) Place the joined side down on a non-stick baking sheet. Brush with a little egg or milk and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of each one.
(6) Bake for 15-20 minutes until puffed and lightly browned. Leave on the tray while the cheese cools.