4 Skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 Bunch of spring onions
100g (4oz) Broccoli
100g (4oz) Baby sweetcorn
2.5cm (1 inch) piece of Root ginger
150ml (1/4 pint) Chicken stock
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon soft dark brown sugar
1 Tablespoon corn flour
1 Tablespoon Soy sauce
(1) Bring a Wok or pan of water to the boil. Cut the broccoli into florets. Blanch the broccoli & baby sweetcorn in water for 2 minutes, then drain well.
(2) Cut the chicken into large pieces. Peel the ginger and cut into thin matchsticks. Trim and diagonally slice the spring onions. Peel the carrots and cut into matchsticks.
(3) Wipe the Wok dry with kitchen paper. Pour in the olive oil and heat until almost smoking. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 7-8 minutes, or until golden. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
(4) Stir-fry the ginger, spring onions & carrots for 2 minutes. Stir in the broccoli & sweetcorn and cook for 1 minute.
(5) Whisk together the sauce ingredients (brown sugar, corn flour & soy sauce) until smooth and well blended, then add to the pan.
(6) Add the chicken & chicken stock and bring to boil. Simmer for further 2 minutes, or until thoroughly heated through.