700g Cougettes (1.5 LB) and grated zest of 2 lemons
2 Garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
1 Tablespoon corn-flour
1 Beaten egg
Lemon wedges and watercress, for garnish
10 Cherry tomatoes, chopped
1 Teaspoon olive oil, squeeze of lemon
Half a red onion, chopped
(1) Grate courgettes, place in a colander, sprinkle with teaspoon of salt, (to draw the water out) and leave for 30 minutes.
(2) In a small bowl, mix together the relish ingredients, set aside.
(3) Squeeze out as much water from the courgettes as you can, using your hands, then wrap in a tea-towel and twist the ends.
(4) Mix all the fritter ingredients in a bowl with the courgettes, and season with black pepper.
(5) Heat frying pan with a little oil, and fry tablespoons of the mix, pressing down to form patties.