20cm (8in) Non-stick frying-pan
500g (1Lb) Potatoes
250g (8oz) Peeled Parsnips
4 Teaspoons of Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons of Horse-Radish Sauce
Large knob of Butter
Salt and Black Pepper
(1) Grate the potatoes and parsnips into a large bowl. Add plenty of seasoning and mix well.
(2) Heat the frying-pan, and add half the oil and half the butter.
(3) When it starts to sizzle, shake pan to spread the fat out evenly, then add half the potato and parsip mixture.
(4) Flatten it down well while it's over a medium heat, then spread the Horse-radish over the top.
(5) Spoon in the rest of the grated vegetables, and press them down well.
(6) Cook over a medium heat for 12-15 minutes, until browned underneath. (Lift a little to see)
(7) Put a large plate over the top of the pan, then flip the pan over so that the Rosti comes out onto plate.
(8) Put the pan back on the heat, and add the rest of the oil and butter.
(9) When its hot, slide the Rosti cooked side up, back in and cook for another 8-10 minutes, then serve.