455g (1 Lb) Lamb mince
1 Medium red onion chopped
115g (4 oz) Carrots diced
2 Tablespoons plain flour
2 Tablespoons tomato ketchup
2 Tablespoons brown sauce
1 Stock cube
675g (1½ Lbs) Peeled potatoes
30g (1 oz) Butter
4 Tablespoons Creme Fraiche
Salt and pepper to taste.
(1) Cook mince, onion and carrots in nonstick frying pan for 8 - 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until mince browns.
(2) Drain of excess fat, then stir in the flour, ketchup and brown sauce.
(3) Dissolve the stock cube in 150ml (5fl oz) of water, and add to the pan.
(4) Stir and cover, then simmer for 20 minutes. If the mixture gets dry, add a little more water.
(5) Meanwhile, cut potatoes into evenly sized pieces and boil until tender.
(6) Drain and mash, with butter and Creme Fraiche. Season with salt and pepper.
(7) Preheat oven to 190°C, 375°F or Gasmark 5.
(8) Season mince to taste and turn into an oven-proof dish.
(9) Top with the mash potato, and bake for 20 - 25 minutes.