200g (8 oz) Self Raising Flour
100g (4 oz) Caster Sugar
100g (4 oz) Butter or Margarine
1 Beaten egg
Grated rind and juice of half a lemon
(1) Mix flour and sugar together.
(2) Rub in the butter or margarine, with your fingertips.
(3) Add lemon rind and juice, and enough beaten egg to make a stiff dough.
(4) Roll out thinly, and cut into animal shapes or any desired shape.
(5) Place on a greased baking tray, and bake for 15 mins at 180°C, 350°F or Gas Mark 4.
(6) When cooled, decorate with chocolate buttons or smarties.