100g (4 oz) margarine
50g (2oz) plain chocolate
175g (6 oz) dark soft brown sugar
2 medium eggs (beaten)
100g (4 oz) self-raising flour
50g (2 oz) chopped walnuts
Half a teaspoon of vanilla essence
A pinch of salt
(1) Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
(2) Grease a tin 28cm x 18cm (11in x 7in)
(3) Melt the margarine and chocolate over some hot water. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
(4) Stir in the sugar, then add the beaten eggs, and mix in the vanilla essence.
(5) Mix in the flour, nuts and a pinch of salt.
(6) Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, until the top is crispy and soft inside.
(7) Leave to cool, then turn out and cut into squares.