450g (1Lb) Puff Pastry
250ml (½ pint) Double Cream, whipped
Raspberry or Strawberry Jam
(1) Divide pastry into 4 pieces, and roll each piece into a rectangle approx 25cm x 10cm (10 inch x 4 inch).
(2) Sprinkle baking trays with cold water, lay pastry on top and prick with a fork.
(3) Bake in oven at 220-230°C (Fan oven 200°C) for 8-10 minutes.
(4) Cool on wire tray.
(5) Using a sharp knife, trim the edges of each rectangle to same size.
(6) Place layer of cooked pastry onto flat serving plate and spread with jam and cream.
(7) Add second layer of pastry and spread with cream only.
(8) Lay third layer of pastry on top. Spread with jam and cream.
(9) Cover with last piece of pastry, dust with sieved icing sugar or coat with glace icing.
(10) Cut into slices 2.5cm (1 inch) thick.