Ingredients (Makes 4 pies)
500g (1Lb) Short crust Pastry
500g (1Lb) Pork Sausagemeat
30g (1oz) Sage & Onion Stuffing Mix
2 Tablespoons Cranberry Sauce or Sweet Pickle
4 Medium hard boiled eggs
Beaten egg to glaze
Parsley to garnish
Salt & Pepper
(1) Preheat oven to moderately hot, Gas Mark 5 / 190°C / 375°F.
(2) Roll out two thirds of the pastry onto a lightly floured surface and use to line 4 cups.
(3) Mix together the sausagemeat, seasoning, stuffing mix and cranberry sauce or sweet pickle.
(4) Divide mixture in half. Use one half to fill bases of pastry-lined cups and top each with a hard boiled egg.
(5) Press remaining sausagemeat mixture around and on top of egg. Then use remaining pastry to form lids.
(6) Pinch together the pastry edges and brush with beaten egg to glaze.
(7) Cook in oven for 40 minutes until golden. Cool slightly, then run a round-bladed knife around the edge of each cup to loosen pies. Turn onto a cooling rack.
These can be frozen for up to 3 months.