200g (7oz) Tin of Salmon or Tuna
225ml (8 fluid oz) Skimmed milk
1 Bunch of spring onions
2 Tablespoons plain flour
15g (½oz) Butter
Salt & Pepper
(1) Put the milk, flour and butter into a small saucepan and whisk well. Stirring contantly with the whisk, bring to the boil until the sauce thickens.
(2) Drain and roughly flake the fish, and thickly slice the spring onions.
(3) Stir in the fish and spring onions into the sauce, then season to taste.
(4) Spoon the mixture into a warm ovenproof dish, and arrange the mash potato on top.
(5) Put under the grill to heat through, and finally brown the top of the mash.
As this recipe uses tinned fish, it is extremely quick and easy to do. If you don't have spring onions to hand, use peas or any other veg you fancy. Just experiment.