300g (10.5oz) Short crust pastry mix
410g Jar of mincemeat
Beaten egg or milk to glaze
Icing sugar for dusting
(1) Preheat oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 6.
(2) Grease a 12-hole bun tray. Roll out pastry to 3mm or 1/8in thick, and cut out 12 small and 12 large rounds.
(3) Line the bun tray with large rounds, and fill with a good teaspoon of the mincemeat.
(4) Dampen the edges, and top with the smaller rounds, sealing well.
(5) Brush with beaten egg or milk.
(6) Make one or two small holes in the centre with a knife, and bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown.
(7) Allow to cool, then dust with icing sugar.